Dat Wallpaper

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Crime Doctor's ACTUAL debut

So I was looking for a good issue to post about that hasn't been done yet, and I found my way over to Batman #106. Originally I was gonna post some forced jokes about the "Batman Puppet" but before I even got to that story, the first story caught my eye.

Ah, the days when Batman casually appeared on tv. Stuff like this is what gritty Batman misses out on.

In"Batman's Helper", Batman and Robin appear on a talk show featuring stories of when civilians saved them instead of when they saved civilians. 

In one of the stories, we even see that there's a trophy in the batcave for a "mystery helper", whom Batman and Robin doesn't know the identity of. 

Basically, Batman and Robin follow a lead to a silk warehouse robbery: 

"I get him someday!" You were stealing Silk, dude.

If I recall correctly, this was even on "Comic Treadmill: Prop Stars" once. This isn't the only flash bulb they have fought, but is the only one they kept as far as I'm aware. RIP Prop Stars.

So as Batman keeps talking about stories, including one where a baby helped him (don't ask, that's the simplest way to put it), we get to the subject of out post: 


The Crime Doctor

For those who are unfamiliar with the Crime Doctor, he is the Brother of Rupert Thorne. Check him out here:


So anyways while driving in the flash back, Batman gets popped one and is rushed to the hospital.


Did you catch it?! Here it is again!


Still don't see it? Here:


A little Recap:
First name is Bradford {X}
Last Name Is Thorne {✓}
Is a Doctor {✓}
Is a Criminal {X}
Is in his fifties {

As far as I have found, he hasn't appeared anywhere else in the golden age predating this. Sure some of his key features are different, but I have no doubt this character was later recycled to become Crime Doctor in the 70's.


And also, I know they had no light to work with but did they really need an entire lighthouse to replace their light source? Look at the context of this:

"Great, we're out of power. No lights. Robin, go get the lighthouse shining over here so we can see what we're doing."

"But the incoming ships need them to be guided to port, and I have flashlig-"

"Do as you're told, young man!"

"Yes Doctors."

And in case you're wondering who the mysterious helper was, here ye go:


Yup, the brother all along. A nice little tie up I think. Criminals rarely changes their ways at the end of an issue, especially nowadays, which makes this issue special. Although, I suppose one was also created in this issue.


Well, my ride's here:


See you whenever I feel like posting next!

No comments:

Post a Comment