Dat Wallpaper

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bat-Hound Week; Day 7: Ace The Bat-Hound

Well it's here, isn't it? The day we all feared would come, and at the same time waited for so badly: Day 7. The end of Bat-Hound Week.

And what other way to end Bat-Hound Week than to focus on arguably his best comic feature ever. The one where he self Monologues (like Batman does) throughout the entire issue. Batman #125 by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff (who did you think?).


Onto the first story, 

Take us in, Narrator:


Wait, did you just say what I think you said?





Ahem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Not even close Narrator, not even close. I've read Batman issues so weird Grant Morrison wouldn't bring them into continuity.

But let's not waste time, how about some exposition Narrator?


Um, alrighty then. Just let Bat-Hound Narrate. So Bat-Hound starts talking about the time he was adopted by Bruce Wayne, which isn't accurate whatsoever.

I quote: "My Master, John Wilker, doesn't know I secretly become Bat-Hound..."

Yes he does. I call to the stand a panel from Batman #97 which we previously reviewed on Day 3:


There's no need to hide it, because he's totally fine with it. That and he kinda deserves to know. It's his dog, after all.

So many distractions. On with the story:

"But not before we're able to leave, find a safe place to change, change into costumes, come back, and fight!"

So after quickly changing, they rush back to fight Midas and his gang (who are still there for some reason):


I get that Ace is the Narrator and all, but this is all pretty boring. I came to see Bat-Hound kick scum's teeth in and make forced jokes, not to see him Narrate about Batman doing it.


..."Pull a Jason"?...

Let me get this straight:

Our heroes were beaten up, trapped in a construction type room in the outskirts of a hot city and then blown up? ...

And then you go and call it a "Jason"?


I don't know what to even make of this, so I'll leave it for you to decide.

So Batman takes a device out of his heel:


Which he uses to call thousands of bats:


Kidding. Like I said, they use a tool to contact Bat-Hound:

"Do I call the Bat's or the Dog? Hmmmmmm..."
"Call Bat-Hound, Boss"
"Quiet Robin, I need to think..."

"God this feels stupid"

After suiting up, Bat-Hound get's some assistance from Bat-Woman and they go save the Dynamic Duo:


OOOOOHHH! THAT Jason, Not Jason... you know


Anyways, they go to the studio where they encounter Midas's gang, and round two commences:

"The Fighting Foursome!". Yeah that's cool and all, but why wouldn't you save that line for it's Batman, Robin, Batwoman, and Batgirl? How often are Batman, Robin, Batwoman and Bat-Hound together? Not very often.

So then the fight starts, and did I mention there's a Robot Dragon? Because there is:


You know, I wish they kept the Robot Dragon. It's one of a few things that could one-up the T-Rex. If Bat-Hound had his own Batcave, this would be his Giant T-Rex trophy. A Giant Doggy treat could be his Giant Penny, a giant collar tag of Bud and Lou could be his Joker Card, etc.

And Does Bat-Hound really seem like the type to be scared of death by Dragon? I don't think so:

"This would be a good death. But not good enough."

So they finish off the gang, but Midas escapes. Or so he thinks:


Ace always gets the best art

"And on the fourth day, Ace made Bridge"


That smirk. I just love Bat-Hound

That's right. Bat-Hound can Crack Jokes. God I love Bat-Hound.

A little modest, aren't we Bat-Hound?

And then Ace went home and had a nice, tasty, Bone:

"Mawster Ace". Words escape me at the moment.

Thus ends Batman #125, and Bat-Hound Week as well.

Don't leave yet, I wasn't finished. Even though Bat-Hound Week is over, tomorrow or the day after I'll post a "Bat-Hound Week; Epilogue", which has a nice treat in storer for you guys.

Well, my ride's here:


See you on either tomorrow on the day after for Bat-Hound Week; Epilogue!



No comments:

Post a Comment