Dat Wallpaper

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bat-Hound Week; Day 5: Bat-Hound R.I.P.

Welcome to the Latest installment in Bat-Hound week! Later tonight I'll post my thoughts on Batman Vol 2 37 and Batman and Robin Vol 2 #37, but for now we'll look at our four footed detective's amnesia adventure in: Batman #131 by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff. Did anyone else notice they do every Bat-Hound story? That's pretty rad.

Wait wha? THEIR SON?!?!?!?! Oh god no. *retches* Someone get me some acid tear drops to burn my eyes out.

...That cover is probably the most disgusting thing a comic has ever thrown at me. There's a reason Bruce and Kathy never, um, tied the knot. They're Cousins. Yeah, I don't think I wanna talk about that. I don't... then that kid is... never mind. Too PG for this blog. Onto less disgusting matters:

Like Bat-Hound


Yeeeeeeeah don't get too excited over there. This isn't even the first time Bat-Hound has "betrayed" them. If you're expecting some epic battle between our four footed crime-fighter and the dynamic duo, there isn't one. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Well Narrator, how did this come to be? How about some of that lovely exposition:

"They're calling for cars, Robin! We better pursue them on foot!"
"What would even be the point in tha-"
"Don't question me, Robin."
"Yes Boss"

So "Soon after", which is actually like two hours, getting a call Batman and Robin jog at least a mile to nearest train house following Bat-Hound who was looking for a scent of a criminal... that he had never smelled before. For all they know he could be out on the prowl for some day old chicken he smelled.

So everything is going per routine, until tragedy strikes. Words cannot speak for the evil that happens. You need to prepare yourself for this. Ready? Get ready for an emotional trip:






Why. Wasn't the barrel of oil enough? What is with these criminals and hurting dogs!? They're innocent. And... And... This is Bat-Hound Week! Ace can't... die... on bat-hou... week...


I need a minute... Excuse me.












Hopefully those pictures lasted through the music

Th-That's not right. I mean he's a dog... It's not right. This shouldn't happen to dogs! I... I miss Ace. He saved Gotham so many times, and not to mention Batman and Robin! And now he's... Gone.

And now I have feelings of ANGER. Batman, Robin, AVENGE ACE.


If you kill dogs, you deserve every ounce of Robin's Seething Hatred:


Finish the scum off, Dark Detective:


Oh how I wish Batman had a Penance Stare like Ghost Rider. Oh yeah, he does:


The Bat-Glare


Kneeling at their fallen comrade, they pay their respects... I can't take anymore today, so we stop here; with our heroes mourning. What a dark post today. I declare Batman issue 131: Bat-Hound R.I.P.

Good night, Ace...


Well, my ride's here:


See you tomorrow for Bat-Hound Week; Day 6: The Return of Ace Wayne. Hint Hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment