Dat Wallpaper

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bat-Hound Week; Day 4: Bat-Hound and Bat-Mite!

Hello, and welcome to Bat-Hound Week; Day 4: Bat-Hound and Bat-Mite. Today, we'll look at Batman #133 by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff.

"Just give me superpowers later and we'll call it even."

Before we start, I'll let you guys know that the other 2 stories this issue will probably be the issue I'll review after Bat-Hound Week.

Let's Begin:

I don't know about you, but I haven't exactly read Bat-Mite's debut. It's probably not to hard to guess what happened though. (This issue does give a flashback)

So there's the intro, but what about Bat-Hound? He is the reason we're all here. So i'll just have to skip to the part where our Four Footed Detective comes in.

"Lucky thing I was in the cave when you came"

So Bat-Mite decides he would like it to seem like Batwoman solved a crime on her own, so he enlists Ace's help to do so. They find the crooks' hideout, but right when Batmite is about to phone Batwoman the whereabouts, she arrives with Batman and Robin.

"I want there to be some action without them knowing it's me! I better make everything giant so they won't guess who could help!"

So that's why they hate him. What a jerk.

After a giant prop fight, the crooks begin to get away when Bat-Hound steps in, revealing that they were shrunken, not that other things were made big:

"Prepare for Judgement"

But then mini Batman intervenes and epically mounts Bat-Hound and declareth:

"And after that is done..." No narrator, show us them growing back to size! That's just lazy story telling.

So when they are returned to normal size, Bat-Mite leaves and the issue ties up.

Which is where our tale ends. So that's that, Batman #133. Not really a Bat-Hound centered issue, but he saves the day in the end.


Well, my ride's here:


See you tomorrow on Bat-Hound Week; Day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment