Dat Wallpaper

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bill Finger accidentally invents Video Games in 1952

There's no doubt that Bill Finger did some pretty impressive stuff. Such as in Batman #70:


Sounds pretty cool, right? Robot cop and all that blah blah blah. So let's just skip to where the title is relevant in this issue:


So there's this super robot cop and all that, invented by Dr. Weir. However the Robot has to be Controlled by Weir from a computer:


...You can see Weir where i'm going with this. Basically, a guy sits at a computer with a controller to a super powerful person and controls them going through an adventure. Video. Games.

I believe this calls for a Batman did it First!

And that's not the only thing that Batman did first in this here issue:


Robocop: Batman did it first.

I'm sure that's offensive to at least one person reading this. I wouldn't know. I've never actually seen RoboCop, so you can call me out on my bull.


So that's that. Did Bill Finger really invent Video Games? Nah. It's pretty similar to them, but of course it isn't an actual game in the comic. Still strikingly close, though.

Well, my ride's here:


See you whenever I feel like posting next!

No comments:

Post a Comment