Dat Wallpaper

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Something only I and Scott Snyder know about Batman #35

So have something to confess.
Batman #35 will always be one of my favorite issues.
I have a story about how I left my tiny mark inside this issue.


Last March I decided to tweet Scott Snyder. I had been surfing the DC wiki and came across this:

Ermahgerd
The Bat-Train, From Batman Vol 1 #95, by Sheldon Moldoff and Bill Finger

And then I had an Idea
I would tweet Scott Snyder a request. That request was to bring the Bat-Train back into continuity.

Here is what I sent him:

I guess you all know my name and twitter account now. 

As the picture states, it got re-tweeted a bunch-ish until Scott Snyder himself saw it.
I have talked to Scott Snyder. Let that sink in. Imagine how I felt. 
Mind = blown.
He even re-tweeted it himself.


So I screen capped and waited.
Weeks and months passed until finally:
October.
I pick up an issue of Batman #35 at Hastings.
Read a few pages, and on page 8 see a panel that made me lose my Excuse My French:


That's right. I literally influenced an entire panel of a Batman comic. I went insane with excitement and thrill.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Scott or Greg since to give him that 2 dollar bill. I might stalk him up at a comic con some time.

So that's that. I brought the Bat-Train back into continuity (kinda).

Thank you Scott Snyder. I'm going to get you that 2 dollar bill.

Well, my ride's here



No comments:

Post a Comment