Dat Wallpaper

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Bat-Blog Lie-List #1: Whoops

     The truth is, sometimes I don't do my research all the way through, or as thoroughly as I should in the rush of things. So obviously I make mistakes, and because of that, then end up misleading you and I. So here's a list of 5 times I mislead us:


#1: The Crime Doctor's ACTUAL debut



     Remember that post? Here's what was wrong with it:

" far as I have found, he hasn't appeared anywhere else in the golden age predating this. Sure some of his key features are different, but I have no doubt this character was later recycled to become Crime Doctor in the 70's."

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

     I didn't even check the debut date of the character! Even the DC Wiki page says Detective Comics #77 (1943)!

     So why did I mess up? 2 reasons.

1) Being that the character in this issue is called Walter Thorne, Not Matthew Thorne. This led me to believe they slapped a different first name on him and called him a villain.

     I obviously got this backwards. Walter is just a recycled version of Matthew, but not a villain. He was recycled because the Crime Doctor was pretty much forgot about after his debut, until the 70's. So I thought he was an invention of the 70's.

2) I assumed he was created after Rupert Thorne, being that they're brothers. Interestingly enough, Rupert Thorne was in fact created after him.


#2: HYDRA


     I don't think there's a subject I hate talking about more. Yet it keeps coming up somehow. By now I hope you guys have Read Bat-Week, because it ties into everything here.

     I originally reviewed Batman #167 because it was the beginning of the New Look Era of Batman. Reading through it, I almost a heart attack coming across:


HYDRA.


   Little did I know, this wasn't even the first time they had appeared in a Batman Comic. I noticed this in Bat-Hound Week; Epilogue. And before you go and click that link, I warn you: It's long. Easily Hands down the longest post I've ever wrote. I think it took me at least 3 days. Like I said; If you haven't read Bat-Hound Week yet, you'll be lost in 1/3 of every post.

     So, seeing as I actually already covered this as a mistake before, there's not much to talk about. Batman #152 obviously predates Batman #167. Goddammit Marvel.

BTW: I still have no idea what that... thing... is.


Fire Hydrant with a polka-dot scarf? A kid in a red knight-suit? I have no idea.

#3: Batman turns 76


     The worst part is this was a recent post. In Batman #307 , we see Batman talking to a Mr. Conroy, who was whining, so I made best of the context. Obviously it wasn't Kevin Conroy in th eissue.

     What was wrong was I said Batman turned 76 on March 1st. I was wrong. In the speed of things, I mis-remembered Detective Comics release date was actually March 30th, 1939. None the less, Batman turns 76 soon.

#4: Saying that we would look at 5 mistakes I made, when really there are only 4

     Get it? I made a mistake in this post... It's hard writing a blog sometimes.

     So that's that. Notice any other mistakes i've made? Comment Below!

Well, My ride's here:

"To the Barbatos-Mobile!"

See you whenever I feel like posting next!

No comments:

Post a Comment